The Magnolia/Agatite Small Group
1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT: I
think you guys know that answer.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Prayer." "Affluenza." "The Bible."
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It's a touchpad.
4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Beyond Balderdash, though Scrabble is a close second.
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Time. But I wish I could say The New Yorker. It seems like all the cool people read The New Yorker.
6. FAVORITE SMELLS? Warm apple pie. Anything mint.
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? My hometown in summer when the factories are working overtime.
8. FAVORITE SOUND? Laughter.
9. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Rejection -- that's a good one. I'll use it too. Also, hopelessness or helplessness.
10. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? "NO... It can't be time to get up already. But I'm so cozy."
11. FAVORITE COLOR? blue
12. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Usually two.
13. FAVORITE MOVIE? I've always had a hard time answering this question, so a few years ago I just randomly picked a favorite from among my top five. "When Harry Met Sally."
14. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Similar answer to Jo and Chrissy: love the Lord your God with all your heart and love others as yourself.
15. FAVORITE FOODS? Rice (in various forms).
16. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla, with things in it. (Ditto on Chrissy's.)
17. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Yes, but I rarely do.
18. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Not unless you count Cliff, and he's pretty thin.
19. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? Definitely cool.
20. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? 1989 White Chevy Cavilier named Millie. God rest her soul.
21. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? Such a cliche answer, but I have to go with Mother Teresa. I just think she figured out something that the rest of us miss.
22. FAVORITE DRINKS? Dr. Pepper (though I'm off caffeine now so I never get it), Woodchuck, juice, water, orchatta (sp? that rice milk stuff you get at Mexican restaurants).
23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Yes.
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I can never think of any single job I'd want to spend the rest of my life doing, but I have a one-year job I'd love! I would jump at the chance to spend a year travelling the world, spending a few weeks at a time in out of the way villages, writing about what's going on there. Cliff would have to be my photographer. You guys can be my groupies if you want!
26. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR? I'd dye it "amber" color: a little more gold, a little more red, and a little purer brown all at the same time.
27. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? You bet.
28. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? I'm a realist. It's not necessarily full or empty, but there is 4 ounces of water.
29. FAVORITE CITY? Rome at night.
30. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. When I started high school my mom told me typing would be my most useful class. She was right.
31. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? This really great card table we got for our wedding, and the matching chairs.
32. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? It was 4 when I was a kid, but I haven't had one since.
33. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Basketball or football on TV, basketball or soccer in person. HATE watching baseball or golf.
34. DREAM VACATION? Filling my passport with stamps as I leisurely strolled across Europe, Africa and Asia (with friends, of course).
35. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. That's not tough with Chrissy. She's probably the most loyal friend I've ever seen. She bends over backwards, flies across the ocean, and sleeps on hospital floors to be there when her friends need her. And she's also a very tender hearted person with a great deal of persistence and realism blended in. And she's beautiful.
FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAIL THIS TO, WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? The obvious choice would be Laura, since the rest of us have done it already. But I'm going to say Jo since she didn't bother sending it to me the first time! 8-)