The Magnolia/Lakeside/Agatite Small Group
Ok, just to prove you all wrong and to further
procrastinate my four papers I really should be writing....
1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT: I live in a one bedroom (plus the coolest den) with an interesting man named Brent. You may know him.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Prayer, the Bible, Clinical Social Work Practice, The Systemic Treatment of Incest (you asked)
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? It's this bubble thing that changes colors when I move my mouse around. I like it.
4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? I don't own any, but I remember thinking Clue and Masterpiece were pretty fun when I was little.
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Modern Bride. I mean Fast Company. I wish I had time to read a magazine, but if I did, it would probably be Time. I've been known to have several copies of Sport's Illustrated and ESPN on my coffee table. You probably know why.
6. FAVORITE SMELLS? Lake Michigan (the Michigan side), fall, Christmas trees.
7. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Indiana.
8. FAVORITE SOUND? Chrissy and Jo playing the piano.
9. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Loss.
10. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Where am I?
11. FAVORITE COLOR? green
12. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? I try not to answer the phone, but if I'm the only one home, it has to be two rings or the machine will go off.
13. FAVORITE MOVIE? I don't know that I have a favorite, but I really liked Life is Beautiful.
14. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Same- love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and love others as yourself.
15. FAVORITE FOODS? Mangos, avocados, ice cream, all fruit.
16. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla, although I was raised on carob and still prefer it to chocolate.
17. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? If I had the opportunity maybe I would, but I barely get over 30 in these parts.
18. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? This is a weird question. Do people really sleep with stuffed animals?
19. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? I absolutely love storms.
20. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? I've never bought or owned a car. The first car I drove was a very large station wagon that we called Clifford. It had three seats (one facing the back window). It was very embarrasing to drive that around when I was 16.
21. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?
I would love to meet Brent's dad. I think I would learn a lot.
22. FAVORITE DRINKS? root beer, fruit juices, cider, white russians
23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Certainly
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Basically, I would love to hang out with families in poverty and be a support to them, and somehow make a living at it. I do have a dream though, that I may have shared with you. My dream is to buy a courtyard building somewhere in Chicago and make it half subsidized housing, half market rate apartments. People from the church would live in half the apartments and the families would serve as friends, mentors, and support to each other. There would be a day care in one of the apartments, and communal activities for everyone in the building. I would be the resident social worker and would go around hanging out with all the families, being an ear to listen, offering them support and resources. This is my dream.
26. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR? I like a blackish-reddish color. I don't think I'd ever dye my hair though (except with kool-aid)
27. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Once. I married him.
28. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? It depends on the day, but in general I would say I'm an optimist. I like to be a realist though, like Amber.
29. FAVORITE CITY? I love Chicago, any time of day, any time of year.
30. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes. I have a strange compulsion where sometimes, when people are talking to me, I'm typing what they're saying in my head. Bet you didn't know that.
31. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Letters, clothes,
random things Brent has put there.
32. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 12. No reason.
]33. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Basketball or hockey in person. Anything else bores me unbelievably, but I'm trying to get better.
34. DREAM VACATION? I would love to travel the world before I die. My more immediate dream is to travel around Ireland with Brent.
35. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. Well, I actually got this from two people. I must like you, because I haven't responded to the three other people who have sent me this e-mail.
Chrissy, who sent this to me first- I love Chrissy because I think we understand each other pretty well. Chrissy is laid back but thinks about things that really matter, and we can laugh together. She just is who she is and I respect that about her. I also love that Chrissy knew me well enough to know that I don't like these things.
Amber, my neighbor- I love that Amber is such a
great mix of things- sweet but not naive, quiet but insightful, patient but
strong. She has so many great qualities and I have truly enjoyed getting to know
her since she moved here!
And Jo, so you're not left out- Jo has a very pure heart that I admire. She believes in people and wants the best for them and she's willing to give of herself without expecting anything in return. She is honest and easy to both talk to and listen to. And she kept me company when Brent was out of town. What a friend!
I love you all!!
FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAIL THIS TO, WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? You all did it already, so I would say everyone.